Meet Carolina Montenegro, playing Beléne/ Woman in The Abuelas and find out whether her foray into acting was scheduling serendipity or snafu.
Where did you grow up?
– In Southern California, along the LA/OC County border.
Do you have a food/dish you are known for making really well?
– My rainbow bowls! I love colors and so love using different colored foods and playing with textures and plating. Not only does it make for a nutritious meal, but my kitchen doubles as a much needed space for being creative.
Do you play a musical instrument? If no, is there one you would like to play?
– Not at all. I wish I could play the drums. [insert air drum solo]
Symphonic concerts: love or snoozefest?
What is the best birthday present you have ever received?
– A plane ticket to see my family in Argentina. I generally see them every other year, but couldn’t afford the flight so hadn’t seen them in four and a half years. It was quite the sob fest of a surprise to say the least.
How did you get into theater?
– My Kinesiology classes would fill up before it was my turn to sign up so I slowly found my way to the Theatre Department.
Do you wear your heart on your sleeve or keep your emotions hidden?
– Depends on the occasion.
What’s your go-to Starbucks order?
– A Rev Up Tea – The most caffeinated tea they have supposedly.
Is a hot dog a sandwich?
– You can make it one by cutting the wiener in half and putting it between two slices of bread. If anything, it’s the love child of the sandwich… and taco.
Do you have a green thumb or do plants have no hope under your care?
– I LOVE plants and learning about them! I’m not an expert by any means- a yellow thumb at best.