Meet Seamus Dever, one of two Antaeus Company Members appearing in our production of The Abuelas. Though his character Marty gets some much needed cooking lessons, Seamus himself can whip up some meals that just reading about will make your mouth water.
Where did you grow up?
– I grew up in Bullhead City, Arizona.
How did you get into theater?
– When they needed children for the local high school plays, I was asked to participate. My first play was Cat on A Hot Tin Roof when I was six.
Do you play a musical instrument? If not, is there one you would like to play?
– I play the piano.
Do you have a food/dish you are known for making really well?
– I make a flatbread taco made of Halloumi cheese and Marsala sauce that people seem to enjoy. It’s kind of an Indian and Greek mashup.
Symphonic concerts: love or snoozefest?
– It’s ok. I prefer jazz.
If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
– Cold wash only, Tumble Dry low
What is one of your beloved family traditions?
– We make some pretty authentic Irish food on St. Patrick’s Day. I make an Irish coffee from scratch.
What is the best birthday present you have ever received?
– A surprise party on my 30th birthday
Do you wear your heart on your sleeve or keep your emotions hidden?
– I probably share too much
What words do you live by?
– “We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we’ve started and know the place for the first time”
If your life were a TV show, what genre would it be?
What’s your go-to Starbucks order?
– Grande Caramel Macchiato with an extra shot of espresso.
Pajamas or sleep in your clothes?
– Somewhere in between
Is a hot dog a sandwich?
– I think it fits the definition, yes.
Do you have a green thumb or do plants have no hope under your care?
– I have 70 year old roses that I somehow keep alive but I managed to kill a Bonsai Tree recently.