Meet Marlow Wyatt, playwright of SHE, one of six plays in LAB RESULTS 2020.
1. What book/play do you reread over and over? The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz.
2. What was the first play you wrote? Percy in Waiting is my first short play I believe, but SHE is my first full-length play.
3. Do you prefer writing comedy or drama? No preference. I am better at crafting dramas I believe.
4. Is your workspace pristinely organized or cluttered? I cannot write well in clutter. It blocks my creative energy.
5. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Soul food- collard greens, chicken or fried catfish, yams and black-eyed peas, maybe. I just described Bernice’s favorite meal in SHE!
6. Do you collect anything? Pennies I find on the street or bus and $2 bills.
8. What is one of your favorite smells? I love, love, love the smell of Palo Santo right now! It balances me.
9. What is the best compliment you’ve received? My niece (when she was 7 or 8 years old) told me I was a good role model.
10. Do you like surprises? I am not a fan of surprises. People get upset when you don’t respond the way they feel you should; often, it’s about them.
11. Create your perfect ice cream sundae: It would be simple- 3 scoops of Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Money ice cream with extra chunks of dark chocolate sprinkled on top.
12. What song always gets you on the dance floor? “Uptown Funk” by Bruno Mars.
13. Do you have a go-to joke? Yes, it’s a “dumb blond”joke and I think it is HI-LARIOUS! It slays me every time. Some people don’t get it but I tell it mostly for me.
14. Road trips or planes? Planes. I like to get to the destination faster to enjoy it longer.