91601: Virtual Tour
Once part of the Mission San Fernando Rey de España, in 1869 a group of investors led by Isaac Lankershim, purchased this property to raise sheep. Soon after, Lankershim’s son and future son-in-law, James Boon Lankershim and Isaac Newton Van Nuys, took over management of the property, and under their leadership the area became one of the world’s largest wheat-growing empires. By 1903, the area was nicknamed “The Home of the Peach”, and by 1912 the area’s largest employer, the Bonner Fruit Company, was canning over a million tons of peaches and other fruits.
First known as Toluca and then Lankershim, the area officially became known as North Hollywood in 1927. Today, it is an eclectic, walkable neighborhood with dining, shopping, and numerous theater experiences along its streets. It was also Antaeus’s former home before we moved to Glendale in 2017.