Meet scrapple-lover and Scrabble-player Karen Malina White, Antaeus company member and one of the cast members of Eight Nights!
1. What is your favorite holiday?
2. Do you have a beloved winter holiday tradition?
– Watching Love Actually.
3. What food do you really like that other people think is weird?
– Scrapple (traditionally a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and wheat flour, often buckwheat flour, and spices. The mush is formed into a semi-solid congealed loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then pan-fried before serving.)
4. What movie title best describes your life?
– Funny Girl
5. What takes up too much of your time?
6. What is special about the place you grew up?
– Soft pretzels and Water Ice
7. What movie/TV show/book/game world would you want to live in?
– The Matrix
8. New York or LA?
9. Which of your school teachers do you remember best and why?
– Ken Hoerauf, my favorite high school acting teacher
10. If your daily life were narrated, who would you want to be the narrator?
– Trevor Noah
11. What movie/TV/book quote do you use all the time?
– “Houston, we have a problem.”
12. What do you consider yourself an expert on?
– Making popcorn
13. What was cool when you were young but isn’t cool now?
– Parties in the basement of someone’s home
14. What’s one of your unusual “special skills” on your resume?
– Playing Scrabble and Double Dutch