Celebrating the Argentinian heritage in The Abuelas with Company Member Marcelo Tubert. His recipe for the “Argentinian wonder sauce”- chimichurri – is an easy recipe for cooks of any level!
Prep: 10 min
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Wash and dry and remove the leaves of the parsley (some stems are okay)
- Medium chop the parsley. Place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Peel and medium chop the garlic.
- Finely chop the shallot.
- Add garlic and shallot to the parsley.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, and lemon to the mix.
- Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Enjoy right away or allow the mixture to sit for several hours (not in the refrigerator) to allow the flavors to mix together.
*Chopping can be done either by hand or using a food processor. As Marcelo says, it is a rustic recipe, so the consistency is not exact. Similarly with the flavor – garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes can all be varied based upon your personal tastes. So add you flair to it!
Enjoy chimuchurri as a dip for bread or chips; drizzle it on french fries or a baked potato; marinate chicken or meat; pour over freshly grilled steaks. Use your imagination!