The Antaeus Theatre Company is a cooperative theater ensemble founded to empower the actor and to bring classical theater to Southern California. The company exists to create a family of artists and audiences and is dedicated to exploring stories with enduring themes. One of the leading intimate theaters in Los Angeles, Antaeus opened its new home, the Kiki & David Gindler Performing Arts Center, in Downtown Glendale earlier this year.
Antaeus is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join its team to support the Executive Director in all day-to-day operations for the organization and serve as the staff liaison for the Board of Directors. The successful candidate will have a passion for theater, be highly motivated, extremely organized, and have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks in support of the Executive Director including answering phones, scheduling meetings, managing an extremely active calendar, maintaining files, and preparing reports and correspondence.
- Serves as the staff liaison for the Board of Directors. Responsible for scheduling Board and Committee meetings, sending email communications, creating meeting packets, taking and disseminating minutes, updating the Board manual, and providing other materials as requested.
- Assists with Annual Fund activities including gift entry, donor acknowledgements, and renewal letters.
- Acts as the first point of contact and provides a professional, welcoming environment to those contacting the office; provides information and directs visitors, calls, and emails to the appropriate staff members in a timely manner.
- Prepares outgoing mail – including general correspondence and package shipments.
- Assists with facilities requests for maintenance issues, room reservations, and technical assistance.
- Provides assistance with writing and proofing of all materials as needed.
- Evidences good work habits including, but not limited to being on time, following workplace policies, arriving prepared for meetings and events, being responsive and following through on all donor, audience, Board, and supervisor requests.
- Exhibits appropriate phone, email and in-person etiquette, and responds to phone and email messages in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be extremely organized, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and be self-motivated with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Technical Knowledge – must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, MailChimp, and comfortable using database software.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
All employees at the Antaeus Theatre Company undertake other duties as needed and all positions require flexible work hours, including evening and weekends. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with health and vacation benefits.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Administrative Assistant Application”.